Friday, March 11, 2011

Docendo Discimus!




Today I was able to impart knowledge a bout Latin to the French class I'm observing. It was extremely exciting. It felt as though I were a bottle about to explode and when I was able to finally tell a whole class of attentive students about Latin and have them eager to learn the pressure was lifted. I loved every minute of it! It wasn't much, but they were having problems and complaining about genders in French words.I told them of all the different ways Latin tortures we classicists with genders. Sometimes the neuter looks like the feminine, sometimes the masculine and feminine were exactly the same with a neuter variant, sometimes there were words that followed no rules. I think they were excited they didn't have to worry about that, but I explained it wasn't too hard. Especially with the devices we Latin teachers have to help us and students remember the many, many, MANY different Latin endings! I can't wait until I actually get to teach an entire lesson about Latin! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment