Tuesday, March 1, 2011




I came across this last night on The Daily Show. I found this extremely entertaining and think that it's fitting for the way we teachers are treated. I'm going into this field, not because I'm making a ton of money but because I want to help the future of America. I do think a pay raise is fair seeing that we educate those who end up making six figures or more. I just love Jon Stewart and his witty sarcasm!

It also turns out I will not be graduating in 2012 as expected. I found out yesterday that I'm required to finish all of my graduate school Latin courses. There is only 1 offered per semester and I need 4. I'm thinking about taking one this summer, but finding $1200 to pay for it is a whole other issue. I am also planning on taking an independent study course in the Spring of 2012 so I can start my methods in the Fall of 2012, which leads to my internship in the Spring 2013! Financing is another bump in the road, but I plan on dealing with it and getting through! I'm not going to let something like money put to shame all of my efforts and years of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment