Friday, February 18, 2011

Just Chugging Along.




Today is my first day working at RISE. I'll be working with 2 year olds. Some are special needs and some are regular students. I'm really excited about working here. I hope they allow me to get my 10 hours done sooner than expected, because my clinicals are going to take up quite some time. I'm just excited to be working with these kids, and have heard that it's a really fun experience!



Speaking of fun... yesterday during service learning I couldn't have been prouder. The students in my Social Studies class told me they wish I was their permanent teacher, which made me happy. Also, last week there were two students who didn't really want to work and were really closed off. Yesterday, however, they both saw me and got out their textbooks! They were really smart too! I actually feel like I made a difference, and helped them apply themselves. I had a great time in my afternoon tutoring too (I think my group had the most fun!)




On another note... my TEP (Teacher Education Program) interview was yesterday! It went really well I think, though I was somewhat confused by his graduate assistant. She seemed somewhat flustered, because she was late and didn't really make sense when asking me questions. It was also really awkward, because my advisor/interviewer asked her to introduce herself, but she never did. I know I should've taken the initiative and said my name, but I didn't want to fluster her even more. She asked some question about ESL students and I answered in the best way I could. Fortunately while I was there my advisor said he would recommend me for the second round of the Fellowship process. I'm rather excited! Maybe I'll get it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment